CEO for operational management of Akkuyu Nuclear Company Konstantin Ryzhak said that it is estimated that Turkish companies will perform 90 % of construction works on Turkey’s first nuclear power plant Akkuyu, as well as 50 % of the assembly works.
In February, a consortium of three Turkish companies that partnered with Russian Rosatom on the project for the construction of NPP Akkuyu have withdrew from the project. According to the draft agreement signed last year, Rosatom was to remain the majority owner of the plant with 51 % stake, while the remaining 49 % were to be equally divided between the three Turkish conglomerates – Cengiz, Kolin and Kalyon. However, they have pulled out due to the inability to agree on commercial terms of the project.
Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF publications, energy news, analyses, power and trading data, tenders)
Subscription fee: 800 EUR annually – company licensed
Tags: Akkuyu, construction, electricity, NPP, nuclear, Rosatom, Turkey