Tag: geothermal

Geothermal pilot project in Prekmurje – Slovenia, 05 February 2021

Three Slovenian energy companies have joined forces on a project to explore the possibilities of the exploitation of geothermal energy in Prekmurje. A member of the HSE group Dravske Elektrarne Maribor (DEM), the country’s largest energy company Petrol and Nafta Lendava refinery have recently sig Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF […]

French company acquired majority stake in Gumuskoy geothermal power plant – Turkey, 27 January 2021

French renewable energy producer Albioma announced that it has completed the acquisition of a 75 % stake in Turkish geothermal power plant Gumuskoy. The statement from the company said that The remaining 25 % the in the power plant, which is located in Izmir region, was acquired by Turkish indust Full article available for subscribers of Energy […]

Turkey among top four nations in geothermal capacity – Turkey, 16 January 2021

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that Turkey is among the top four nations globally in geothermal energy, thus stressing the importance the country has been attaching to renewable energy investments. President Erdogan attended the opening of one thermal and three geothermal plants Full article available for subscribers of Energy NEWS service (PDF publications, […]